Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella and Pesto

Happy Monday Foodies!
I'd like to consider myself a pretty creative person, so getting to put a little creativity into my cooking is always right up my alley!

I try to plan out my weekly meals so I'm not back and forth to the market all week. While meal planning I always ask my girlfriends what they'd like to have because I'm not going to eat all this food myself. So this popped up on the request list last week :) 
Preheat the oven to 425 F while you're prepping the chicken
On a cutting board, you are going to cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast.
Place a teaspoon of pesto into each pocket.
Cut the cheese into 4 slices. Place a slice of cheese in every pocket. (You can also buy the pre-sliced mozzarella from Trader Joes.)

Tuck everything into the pocket, wrapping a slice of proscuitto to enclose the filling. Make sure the seam is underneath. 
Place chicken in an ovensafe dish and arrange tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the wine over the chicken and drizzle with olive oil. 
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cut into the middle of the breast to make sure there is no pink or red.
Cut chicken breasts in half diagonally. Place on dish, spoon over some juices and ENJOY!

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
4 teaspoons green pesto
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
4 thin slices of proscuitto
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup dry white wine ( my fave dry white is Sauvignon Blanc) but you can use whatever you'd like) or chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
sald and pepper

This recipe serves 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment