Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie Body Scrub

What better way to get out of that yucky winter skin than with a refreshing body scrub!?
I'm sure some of you don't know but I'm an esthetician and love all things skin care! If there is anything that I love more than skin care and cooking, it's putting them together!
I chose this Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie Body Scrub because I found it only appropriate with all the baking I've been doing. 
If you have a mixer you will want to use your whisk attachment to whip the solid coconut oil for 10 minutes, stopping at 5, scraping down the edges and then whipping again for another 5.
Zest the lemons. If you don't have a zester you can use a vegetable peeler and then mince the lemon peels. You want the zest to dry for about an hour before you add it to the mix. 
Add in sugar, almond meal, lemon zest, poppy seeds, vanilla extract and mix for another 1-2 minutes. Put scrub into an airtight container and let sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge so it can become more crystal like. 
Scrub away that dull winter skin and get ready for soft, glowy, summer skin!! 
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Solid Coconut Oil
4 lemons
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 almond meal
1 cup white sugar

While I was waiting for the Zest to dry I made myself a nice little Master Cleanse with cayenne pepper, agave nectar, and the 4 peeled lemons! Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment